Wednesday 12 February 2014

[Film Review] Legend of the Guardians: The Owl of Ga'hoole


Title: Legend of the Guardians: The Owl of Ga'hoole
Genre: animation, adventure, fantasy
Year: 2010

When I was kid, I found owls terribly scary. It's associated with supernatural thingy and I was, am, a scaredy cat. Courtesy of tumblr and 9gag, I now find this animal cute!


See! There is one of its kind that is so small and cute I want to gave it so bad. 

I usually dislike animated story, funny thing, the first movie I watch this year is children film like this, if my friend hadn't watched with me today, I doubt I would have finished watching. One shouldn't underestimate my short attention span, even cute things like these owls rarely catch my attention long enough ;)

Anyway, so what's this about? This is a story of a young owlet, Soren, who find himself and his brother, Kludd, kidnapped by evils owl. The evil owls are in fact, a Pure Ones, an evil owl organization which intends to kidnaps then brainwash the owlets to be their soldier.
Fueled by jealousy and the influence of evil queen owl, Kludd refused to escape with his brother. It's Soren's journey to find The Guardians of Ga'hoole, a honorable, yet mystical, group his Da always tells him about, who fought evil owls and saved their owl kingdom. 
***
What I like about this movie, is of course the cute owls. Their accent made me think of Lord of the Ring and middle earth, and what with their setting of somewhere far away. Their metal armors are so detailed it amazed me. And the fight! Dude, it's amazing in some silly way. 

Though I find Soren boring, panting through the entire movie, like some kind of stupid protagonist. And the best thing after the owl cute appearance is what Lyze said, that war is ugly, nothing so good about that. 

A good movie for children. I give 7/10 :)

2 comments:

  1. (ʃƪ ˘ ³˘) I love this movie! Adiknya Soren unyu2 banget! Bikin pengen punya burung hantu. Ngingetin sama Pidwigeon.

    ReplyDelete